Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lonestar Secrets, By Colleen Coble

When Shannon Astor returns to her uncles ranch to take over the town veterinarian clinic a strange turn of events change her life forever. She is reunited with Jack MacGowan, a high school Jock that she had a crush on and he broke her heart and her trust years ago, can she learn to forgive him and move on and have a future with him? Will an old flame ruin it for her and her new family and how is it all connected to her missing friend Mary Beth and the kidnappers who are demanding Shannon to pay back some money she has no idea about.

I liked the story more than I thought I would, I don’t normally like romance but this one had just enough drama and suspense to make it work for me. The story was somewhat predictable by the time you were half way through the book except for the mystery kidnappers, I didn’t have that part figured out. Over all it was a good book to read and I did finish it in a day and a half. I have to admit I didn’t want to put it down, It did hold true to Colleen Coble’s other books. I am looking forward to reading the other two in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment